Intercol has multiple blenders, an experienced R&D department and a large storage facility. While our main products are our adhesives, our R&D and production is available for toll manufacturing.
Polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH, PVA or PVAL) is a water-soluble synthetic polymer, at Intercol we also manufacture products based on polyvinyl acetate (known as wood glue), VAE (vinyl acetate-ethylene) co- and -terpolymers.
At Intercol our blenders are able to heaten up to 100°C and cool down. Our production can handle powders and fluid products. Our production is focussed on waterbased products.
Properties of PVOH
Polyvinyl alcohol is known about excellent film-forming, good emulsifying, and adhesive properties. PVOH provides resistance to oil, grease and solvents and is odourless and non-toxic. It has high tensile strength and flexibility, as well as high oxygen and aroma barrier properties. B
PVA is claimed to be completely biodegradable and is dissolves in water.
PVOH can be used for:
- Adhesive and thickener material in latex paints, paper coatings, release liner, hair sprays, shampoos and adhesives.
- Textile finishing agent
- Feminine hygiene and adult incontinence products as a biodegradable plastic cover
- As a water-soluble foil useful for packaging.
- As a fibre reinforcement in concrete
- Advanced waterbased adhesives in combination with polyvinyl acetate
- Used as a fixative for specimen collection